Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Reaching my goals and learning to be confident

Why is it so hard and it takes so long to see the improvements to make you realize its worth it? I constantly struggle with it. I just want to feel good. I didn't realize until recently how it has effected me, over all these years. I haven't been really big ever, as I've said before. But it should have clicked sooner, at least I feel it should. I was 175 nine months pregnant with my daughter and have bounced around between 150 and 135. Right now I'm at the heavier side and I keep asking myself, why? Everyday I notice it more and more. I'm way more self critical. When I stretch every morning it's there. When my husband hugs me, it's there. It's embarrassing. I don't embarrass easily. I am ashamed.

Our anniversary is tomorrow and it's not fair that my husband gets hotter with time and I look more like a busted can of biscuits. When we got married I was 150 lbs, I look at our lovely courthouse weddin pictures and it makes me kinda sad. Sometimes I wish I hadn't given up on wedding planning and had gone for the stress of a big wedding, or at least had beautiful wedding pictures done. But sadly, I had a wedding dress, and when I bought it, it was big on me. When we got married 4 years after that, it wouldn't even zip. Someday though, we will have those pictures.


I had set a goal that I wanted to FEEL good for tomorrow. LOOK better. Maybe at least remind my husband a little of the 120 lb woman he fell in love with. I haven't accomplished that. 30 pounds may not seem like a big deal to some, but to me, that's 30 pounds! I got on the scale yesterday and I've gained weight. I measured myself after not doing so for a month, and i've gained everywhere. Not sure if my little bit of exercise, coffee, green smoothie and water drinking this morning has anything to do with it. Or PMS. I don't want to make excuses as to WHY i'm bigger. I'm bigger. I feel as though i've been good about eating breakfast, HEALTHY breakfasts at that! And smaller meals throughout the day. Drinking a shitton of water.

Everywhere I turn there's something telling me that i'm doing another thing wrong. "Don't eat this, don't drink that, drinking that after 2 pm will make you grow a third ass cheek."

I know I need to get up and move my ass more often but it's hard when i'm here by myself with the kids. Even before we moved, I went walking every day and didn't see a change. I don't really know anyone to even go walking with, for that accountability and motivation. Can't afford a gym membership. When my husband gets home it's dark and I do not like going out in the dark by myself. It's scary shit out there.

I know I can't give up. I know it takes time to see change and it WILL happen. And really, I don't know why I let the scale be my bully. I don't know why I let a certain size or number bother me. I saw this article the other day about plus size models and those ladies are ROCKING IT. They have normal bodies, beautiful faces, CONFIDENCE. I want to be healthier and thinner and that's what I want. Some women want to be body builders and some want to be anorexic. But why can't I at least have confidence? But MY clothes are tight. MY shirts are tight. I can't afford a whole new wardrobe so I'm comfortable with being in this body. That's not the answer for me though anyways. I always chant Jillian Michaels in my head saying "get used to being uncomfortable." Yeah, I get that, but I don't always want to FEEL like this. It's a constant battle in my head being reasonable yet still going for it.

I do want to say though, that for all my complaints, I am so lucky to have married the perfect guy for me. I dated a lot of idiots and I scored the jackpot picking him, and for him picking ME. He puts up with a lot of my crap, experimental cooking, new crazy ideas, nagging, etc. He loves me for ME. As much as I want to be thinner and sexier, he finds me attractive, sexy, and I need to remind myself of that more often. He's an amazing Dad and husband.

I love you, Bryan! Happy anniversary! Here's to many more!

4 comments:

The Cappello Family said...

We should start a group (even if its just you and me lol) so we can help encourage each other. I need to lose a lot of weight. We can chat daily and help each other with goals and talk each other down when we are having cravings. You are a beautiful person and deserve to be happy. I've heard the hardest part is learning to love yourself, once you've accomplished that everything else gets a bit easier. Idk just an idea. :)

Unknown said...

What a good idea! We totally should! You are so beautiful! We should have started hanging out and walking when we were still in Utah, dangit!

Unknown said...

I am right there with you. I started this pregnancy out at the exact weight that I walked out of the hospital with after having coen. and I still had 40 lbs to lose back then to get to my pre baby weight. I had thought that I'd always been this size until I logged into my weight tracker website and saw that at one point i was THIRTY pounds lighter!?!?!? WTF why didn't I realize how skinny I was back then?? anyway hopefully after this baby, i can lose some weight or i may end up on the funny farm...

holly knowlden said...

What an honest and brave post. Such a hard balance to find between acceptance and being better. I think you're beautiful! Good luck in your journey and happy anniversary.