Friday, November 16, 2012

There isn't enough coffee in this pot

For the past 2 months-ish we've been in the process of buying a home. It is exhausting. My husband received a promotion back in April and his company moved our family from Utah to Oregon. We managed to sell our first home, which we only owned for one year, rather quickly and he found the shittiest apartment he could find an apartment for us to move into. Our apartment isn't THAT bad, it's actually probably pretty nice if I wasn't so spoiled with a home. We can literally hear everything our neighbors do, which makes me feel really bad for them. Toilets flushing, washing machines running, talking, everything. So I yell alot, our kids stomp, scream, the dogs bark, and well, I feel bad for them. The only thing that makes up for the rent higher than our mortgage, thin walls, loud toilets and small floor plans is that it is B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L around here. Except for being backed up to a major road and not being able to even sleep in the master bedroom (the kids get that room, they feel lucky HA! suckers). We are surrounded by trees, wetlands, walking trails. Ally and I say hi to the ducks everyday (I hate ducks) while walking the dogs and I get to pick up their poop with a baggie (I hate dogs. And poop). We make it work.

So a couple months ago my husband and I were discussing what to do when our lease ends here in December. We really didn't want to move our son again, he's been moved around so much we just feel sorry for the poor kid. But we didn't want to sign another lease in hell and finding another apartment felt like torture. My husband suggested we see if we could get preapproved again which I thought wouldn't be possible, but it was. Our lender who worked with us in Utah was willing to work with us again (the poor sucker) and I am really grateful for that I get to annoy the crap out of him again with my constant questions. Seriously awesome. We found a home up in Washington that i'm not in LOVE with, but seriously we just can't afford a home that i'd be in LOVE with. We love the yard and the home is great and we can raise our family there, the kids are so excited to have their own rooms, a yard (daughters fave part, she wants to buy a yard), hubby and I can garden, sit on the back porch, drink coffee, wine, whatever and not kill each other. SOLD! We offered, back and forth, offer accepted, hallelujah!

Well that was OVER A MONTH AGO and we still have another month til our potential close date. Seriously. We had to negotiate some water contractor thing, and then we chose the most difficult financing possible. Come on, like you have 20% down.  So we wait. At least, if all goes through, we will be in our home by Christmas and I can stop eating spoonfuls of peanut butter with chocolate chips, sometimes I add an apple, it's not all bad. Speaking of peanut butter and chocolate, buying a home is more stressful to me than ANYTHING else and I gain more weight during the couple months of this than any other time. When we started the process and bought our first home, I was at the lowest weight I had been in a long time, then BAM, gain 10 pounds. Move to Oregon, BAM, 10 pounds. This house, I don't know the final outcome, but I turn into a major food whore. I let every other aspect of my life go to hell and I pace and I eat. I don't adjust to change well. I also can't sleep when I'm stressing about getting a phone call or email the next day for an update. So I look like I got punched in both eyes every day.

The bonus, half our stuff is in storage so when we move it'll be the BEST Christmas EVER getting all our stuff back. I know it isn't about things and I am very blessed our family has a roof over our head and I shouldn't complain about all this, but I can and I will.

TGFW! (Thank Goodness For Wine!)

No comments: