Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Thanksgiving Shmanksgiving

This has been the most stressful week I've had in years. Thanksgiving was fine, I spent the majority of the month feeling thankful for everything in my life. It was gonna be a great day cooking and eating and enjoying family time. We had dinner, I threw up from eating too much and the day was over.

Like most people (I think?) we usually decorate for Christmas the day after and this year we aren't. Our potential closing date is December 18th and it'd be ridiculous to bring all the Christmas out of storage (aka Bryan's work) here to the apartment for 3 weeks, just to pack it all up and move it again. As a kid I loved decorating with my family, Christmas music on in the background, decorating the tree. It was like a cheesy Christmas movie playing in my head. So now we carry on the tradition with our kids and not doing it right away is a bummer, but ill get over it. It just doesn't feel like the season though and its had me in a funk.

On Friday we did a little shopping for the kids which we didn't intend on going out on Black Friday, but there were a few things we figured we'd try to pick up, and we succeeded. That afternoon I got some terrible news about my brother. I couldn't sleep and really didn't stop crying for like 3 days. We got some relief from that for now, but it's amazing how much I love that kid as my own. I want to punch him in the face. I'm just mad he didn't ask for help or take care of things sooner, cause this just wouldn't even be an issue. The one super awesome bit of information I did receive over the weekend, was that my super awesome friend and her fiance are expecting a baby! GO Carly!

Tomorrow is my birthday and I get to go to the doctor at 9am and then the DMV!! I AM STOKED! Said no one ever. Maybe it'll be an awesome day? I'm dreading hearing the doctors office weight, so it'll probably suck.

No comments: