Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Stop Making Excuses and DO IT

So I was sitting around on my ass yesterday crocheting like an old lady, really thinking about myself. WHY am I constantly sabotaging myself? Why do I do that? I'm ready to move forward and there is absolutely no reason for me to not get this shiz in gear. I have the best intentions and there is no excuse.
Except it's cold and rainy. And food is delicious. And I love wine. And beer. And chocolate. And cheese.

Whatev. See? Its pathetic. I'm awesome all day and then bedtime comes along and then I think, oooh we have ice cream! The hormones have definitely gotten the best of me this week. Then I'm ashamed and realize how unattractive my husband must find me, dipping oreos into my peanut butter chocolate ice cream (it was delicious). Muffin top in all its glory.

But then I remember that I'm sexy, awesome, and hilarious, and he adores me. It's not my fault he can eat whatever the hell he wants and remain a bean pole. Someday he'll get chubby, and it'll even itself out.

Anyway, our anniversary is coming up in a month and its a great opportunity to start setting short term goals. Instead of, "I wanna be 120 pounds and i'm just gonna bitch and complain until it happens." Cause seriously, that's not working...

Really, it's not. It turns out, bitching does not burn calories. If it did, i'd be anorexic.

A better goal is, I will look awesome in my lil nightie, not ashamed. A girl can dream right?

So my own little personal goals, and I really need to be accountable here, are...

  • Drink at least 100 oz of water per day. I drink a LOT of water so this is easy. I started tracking that yesterday, setting my goal at a gallon. And I peed, every half hour. As if I didn't pee enough already.
  • If I'm going to have an unhealthy snack, mix it up with a healthy one. Like dipping celery in peanut butter and pouring chocolate all over it. I kid... but I'm a major snacker and that's gotta stop. 
  • Smaller portions. This isn't an eating competition.
  • Eat breakfast. This is hard because I'm all about coffee, nothing else. Don't talk to me til noon.
  • Continue counting my calories, eating smaller meals throughout the day
  • Do any exercise whenever possible. Something is always better than nothing!
  • And, I will not take things away from myself. I think if someone says "I will NEVER eat chocolate again" they're just asking for it...

This is all stuff I'm always working on, but I needed to throw it out there, spell it out and see it.

Happy Hump Day!

1 comment:

♥ Marcy ♥ said...

HAPPY HUMP DAY BISHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
YOU NEED TO SAY SHIT OUT LOUD MORE OFTEN... HEY PS I SABOTAGE MYSELF LIKE A MUTHA FUCKA EVERY.SINGLE.DAY... OH AND TURN YOUR NO-COMMENT BLOGGER OFF... I JUST WROTE YOU A WHOLE DAMN PARAGRAPH FOR NOTHING lol