Monday, January 21, 2013

That's A Whole Lot of Inches Nobody Needs

I've been telling myself I need to work on a post and there ain't nothin to write about. Just the same ol feeling sorry for myself, still just trying to figure out my groove here at the house, cleaning routines and stuff. It's been so cold i don't want to do anything! It's not rainy, its not sunny, its just foggy, dreary, cold yuck. Today the sun is actually shining and if it gets above freezing I might actually go OUTSIDE!

I told my husband I want a treadmill and he thinks I'm crazy. He says, just wait for it to get warmer and go. Yes. Let's sit here 3-4 more months, get plumper, and see how that works out.

Mama don't think so. 

Seriously that is my whooole problem. I sit at home with my daughter, looking at pinterest (damn you pinterest) and get ideas for things to cook and I cook and eat. Not exercise as much as I should. Weekends are the worst because I love hanging out with my family, eating crap, drinking crap, trying new recipes. Eating is way more fun than exercising. 

But I AM counting calories again. Doing the little things I have been doing. I know I FEEL a hell of a lot better when I watch what I eat, move my body. We'll see what happens. Probably nothing but I'll give it a shot and maybe hope I can bribe the hubby into getting that treadmill!

I got a wild hair and decided instead of looking at this number on the scale that never changes, to actually take my measurements and write them down. Seeing those numbers really put things into perspective. I remember what my measurements were, not long after I had my daughter, when I was at the smallest I had been in a LONG time. And those numbers were smaller for sure. Something has got to change up in here. If each area of my body is 2 inches bigger, that's a LOT of inches! A lot of extra shit to be carrying around that's slowing me down, making me feel like crap, making me an angry and bitter person. Who needs that?!
On a happier note, I did get to go see an old friend of mine from elementary school last week. It was so fun to find out she lives out here now as well, to see a familiar face and meet her 3 adorable girls. Getting out definitely makes me happy!

So here's to a better week and I will keep making positive changes! 

No comments: